Well, some of the things we have been up to include: Making baby food (yeah, I'm doing it!), Eating baby food, organizing the kitchen cabinets (still far away from done!), sleeping in random places (the girls, not me), throwing fits (the girls AND me!), finding and eating our toes, and taking "big girl" baths! (you'll see what I mean)
Making Applesauce....It was pretty good, if I do say so myself!
I promise she's wearing a diaper...she's not completely naked! She was a BIG help! :-)
(Lily was sleeping)
My little monkey...
Yummy Bananas!
Lucy took a nap (yeah, napping at different times...another reason last week was so fun!) And Lily decided to help this time!
The girls LOVE sweet potatoes...so I thought I would give it try....
Going pretty good, until....
Yeah....the blender wasn't screwed on all the way....this was fun
Now, onto EATING the baby food! So far, we've tried....Cereal, Applesauce....
Green Beans...
they actually really like them, but Lily just likes to make this face now and then!
Here we are all ready and excited to try Sweet Potatoes!
YUM!
I think Lucy had a little too much...
I also made squash and avocado! (It's funny..all the things I hate, I'm making them eat!)
Well, in the midst of the screaming fits last week, I also had a grand idea to clean out/re-organize my cabinets! I'm not done by a long shot, but it's a start!
I kept forgetting to take "before" pictures, but this was all the stuff that was in our medicine cabinet...I HATED opening that cabinet....
And here it is after...I smile when I open it now!
Again, no before picture....but trust me, it was bad! This is one of the many drawers the girls' have taken over!
I didn't take a "before" of this one either, but if I had I would be too embarrassed to post it...but here is my new organized junk drawer! (Everyone needs a junk drawer!)
I also organized cabinets under the counter tops, the dish cabinet, and the cup/mug cabinet...I have pictures, but is it really that interesting? Nope!
Here is what Lucy and daddy were doing when I was cleaning out the cabinets. The girls are fascinated with our cell phones, so Ryan pulled up a video of him on the internet on his phone and this just blew her mind!!!!
(By the way, I know it looks like our kids are always naked, but we always strip them to feed them their messy food and then just let them hang out like that until bath time! I promise I dress them for the most part! )
So onto the next segment I like to call....
"I fight sleep so bad, that it causes me to fall asleep in random places!"
These are mostly of Lucy doing this because she fights nap time the worst! The first 3 are in different places, but all on the same day...while Lily was tucked in, snug as a bug in her bed! (Also, Lucy loves sleeping on her belly, so you know she's tired when she falls asleep like this!)
Living Room floor, playing...
Pack-n-Play, playing...
Bouncy seat, eating...
Here she is taking her Sunday nap...
And here she is asleep in her bumbo (yes, they are friends again...just on stable surfaces!) She managed to fall asleep during one of Lily's screaming fits!
But Lily finally gave it up too!
Now Lily is watching Lucy throw a fit! (I love how they take turns...so nice of them!)
Here is Lily breaking her neck to see the t.v.!
Well, Lucy found her toes and they are BEST FRIENDS! (Well, a close second to her hands!)
Lily has found her toes too, but I never could get a picture of her chomping on them!
Now it's "big girl" bath time!!!
We usually bathe the girls in their tub in the kitchen....
Lucy loves to kick and splash and get the whole kitchen floor wet...
But last week, when Ryan was out of town...I decided to go up to my MIL's because they were hard to control by myself! She doesn't have a baby tub and her kitchen sink was full...so we gave them a big girl bath! They loved it! We won't be doing it again until they can sit up though..it was too hard to control Lucy from swimming around!!!


Lily will kill me for this one day, but it's so cute! She loved being on her belly!
Even with some occasional fits, my girls are so precious and I couldn't imagine my life without them!
Lily will kill me for this one day, but it's so cute! She loved being on her belly!








I havent really kept up with your blog (or anyone else's, for that matter) lately, but this post made me smile all the way through. Your girls are beautiful!
ReplyDeletePS... I think you live down the street from me. I saw Ryan walking inside a few weeks ago when I was on my way home from work. :)
I've just got to know...how did the ice try thing work for you? I don't know if you got it from that site I posted or not, but its wholesomebabyfood.com. You'll have to check it out if you haven't already. :0) Also, the teething. Ugh...I can imagine. When Andee had colic, my photographer told me about Gripe Water. It is fabulous for teething babies too. Check it out on Walgreens.com. It's Baby's Bliss Gripe Water. Reasonably priced and SO helpful. Keep us posted on those sweet babies...in your time. :0)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100099&navAction=jump&navCount=0&nug=VPD&skuid=sku3459486&id=prod3460643
ReplyDeleteHere's the link to that Gripe Water. Just don't get the green apple flavor. It smells good but made Andee burp all the time. Mmm...green apple burps. LOL. Good luck...